Friday, December 19, 2008

Footlocker West Cross Country Regional


On December 6th Alexis ran in the Foot Locker West Cross Country Regional Championship in Walnut California. Tricia and I made the trip also, so we could see the race and I could see a customer or two. We stayed at a hotel in Rowland Heights surrounded by people from the Orient; we were the minority both in race and language, but it was a good and interesting experience. While Alexis spent time with the team, Tricia and I went to San Diego where I met with customers, a move that has proven fruitful for the business. Then we went back to Hollywood and spent some time in the Hollywood and Vine area looking at the Hollywood walk of fame and taking in the atmosphere. The race was at Mt. San Antonio College, which Alexis' coach touted as the toughest course in the nation, and I have no doubt he is right. It was full of switchbacks, climbs and descents. Alexis was tired from the travel and her form was off most of the race, but she posted a good time, and finished, much to her disappointment, just outside of the medals. All was not lost, we did get our best running photo of her yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment